Thursday, September 4, 2014

I say Yee Haw!

I've been scouring hundreds of pages of country-western wear on my search for the perfect dress for attending an upcoming country concert. I really was about to give up. The more I looked, the more discouraged I became. The problem was that I had no idea where to look for it. Is it that hard to find cute western wear? But, I knew that it MUST exist having seen many country videos of hot stars rocking cute little country-western styles. Suddenly a flashbulb went off! Free People!!! They aren't western per se, but you could definitely say they rock a bohemian/western vibe. I was surprised at how many cute dresses they had to offer. Of course not everything I liked would work on my body, I'm fairly sure their styles are geared more toward the 20 somethings, but I was able to narrow it down.

Here is the dress I picked out. When I think country-western I regularly think of plaid, but I'm not into plaid. The more I looked at Pinterest the more I discovered that lace can be very western also. It's a little country & classy all in one. I thought this would work great for an evening look.

Free People Maya Off Shoulder Mini


Free People Maya Off Shoulder Mini (see more black velvet skirts)

There is only one problem with the dress, and it's not the dress. It's going to be cold in Chicago and I am often caught out in a cute little dress and freezing my butt off. I was originally looking for a jean jacket, but I'm not sure I'd get much wear out of it. I love denim, love...love...love it, but usually only on my legs. I ran across this jacket which has the feel of a denim jacket but well, it's not. Don't you just love the deep red color!

Free People Fitted Utility Jacket



Free People Fitted Utility Jacket (see more Free People)

Now that I have the dress and the jacket down, I'm going to need a belt. I love the belt that the model is rocking in the dress pick, but at $128 maybe I could find something a little cheaper. When I find myself buying an outfit for an event I try to save money where I can like in the accessories. I found this cute belt at Free People also. It appears to be the same color as the jacket, and right now I'm not sure if that is too matchy for me. Again, I love the deep red color and I think once I lose the jacket at the concert, the matchy-matchy thing won't be an issue.

Free People Z & L Wilder Leather Belt



Here it is all put together, the best that I could arrange it, on Polyvore (It's been a couple of years since I used it). I will need everything by next Friday, since the concert is on Saturday. I'm so hoping that everything will arrive in a timely manner, fit properly and that I'll look cute as Daisy Duke!  :D

My First Country Concert


Free People fitted jacket
freepeople.com



Sparkly earrings
calypsostbarth.com









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...